Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Fractured Vertebrate Take To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Depends: If the fx is stable ( with fragments not out of position or alignment) with no nerve injury found, then it would be treated with a brace, & pain meds till it heals completely in about 8-12 weeks. For an unstable fx, where the fragments are out of alignment and affected the nerves (or the cord) then surgery to stabilize it and also remove any bone fragments and explore the nerves. ...Read more
Is it safe for me to go back on roller coasters after a major car accident a few years ago. I fractured two vertebrates. 1-2 vertebrate. Can i go back?
Check with doctor: If fractures have healed and normal neurological exam might be acceptable but check with doctor first. ...Read more
Depends: About 6 wks to some stability / 3m0 to pretty good stability / 6 mo to really decent stability and ~ 24 months to full remodeling smokers all heal slower and low vit d level hinders healing every once in awhile you will see nonunion which means it is not healing and won't without sig intervention also depends on where in the bone the break is & how bad. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: some people nad some bones heal faster of slower in general it is at least 6 weeks to some early stability / 3 months to pretty good stability and at least 6 months to "full" healing although it can take a whole lot longer and to fully remodel bone certainly does take longer good vit D level helps things to heal up a bit quicker IMHO ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does a fractured arm take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from a pelvis fracture?
- How long does a scaphoid fracture typically take to heal?
- How long does a clavicle fracture in a child take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free