Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Fractured Arm Take To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Stronger: Actually it is believed that where a bone heals will actually be stronger, due to laying down of new bone material. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Follow Advice: Follow the advice the doctor gave you who treated it. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Get help now ›
Potential problems: At three weeks the fracture has not healed. You could either rebreak the bone or the fracture could angulate, leading to difficultly with use of the arm. Trust your treating physician. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Varies: It varies with age, health, surrounding, and other factors. Very young children may heal a fracture in this little and 3- 4 weeks, while adults, average six weeks, with geriatrics eight weeks and longer.Healing is quicker with proper alignment and immobilization. Surrounding soft tissue damage and preexisting health issues often retard the healing process. ...Read moreGet help now ›
??signs??: Kids capable of waking off an injury will, they are more interested in playing & seldom stop unless something really hurts. If no obvious deformity or discoloration of the skin, you might watch it for a while & place a cool compress to help the pain & reduce the swelling. Do this only if the kid can make a fist & extend it & roll the hand back & forth. If not, get it checked now. ...Read moreGet help now ›
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from a pelvis fracture?
- How long does a broken arm take to heal completely after surgery?
- How long does a scaphoid fracture typically take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free