Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Broken Jaw Take To Heal
First step: The first step is to see the appropriate specialist to diagnose the fracture, whether at the er, your primary care md, dentist, oral surgeon, ENT or plastic surgeon. Once the diagnosis has been confirmed with the appropriate studies, the various treatment options can be discussed with you. You have to know what you are treating before you can treat it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Soft and liquids: Most of the time soft foods will be needed while a broken jaw is healing. If the mouth is held closed with with wires or elastic bands then only liquids can be taken during that time. Protein shakes and dietary supplements may be a good idea to unsure good nutrition which is important for good bone healing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not related: Hemi facial spasm is a condition that affects the facial nerve and result in uncontrollable spasms of the muscles of expression on one side of the face. A broken jaw can result in some facial numbness but should not cause spasms of the muscles of expression but can cause spasms in the chewing muscles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Go to the hospital: You will need to go a hospital er if the injury just occurred to have your injuries diagnosed and evaluated. The er doc will likely call the appropriate specialist(s) who can provide treatment for your injuries. Treatment will depend upon what type of injuries you have as well as when the trauma occurred. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a broken ankle to heal?
- How long does a broken fibula take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a broken knee?
- How long does a broken foot bone take to heal?
- Talk to a oral and maxillofacial surgeon online for free