Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Broken Arm Take To Heal Completely After Surgery
Depends: Location, degree of injury, tupe of fixation, age, general health all come into play but in most adults farctuers on average take 6-8 weeks to heal with respect to a united bone. ...Read moreGet help now ›
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
That depends on : The injury/ injuries, any other complicating factors ; the surgical procedures that need to be performed. There is no one size fits all answer for this question. ...Read moreGet help now ›
6-16 weeks: If you had surgery on your forearm the fracture should be healed in 6-8 weeks. The upper arm takes 12-16 weeks. If the surgery gives stable fixation you can use your arm after a couple of days for eating, writing and typing. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Get help now ›
Stabilization: Rods are inserted to stabilize fractures. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Variable: What type of fracture? Does it need surgery? Although our surgical interventions have progressed significantly surgery is still surgery... That being said pain control after arm/upperextremity surgery tends not to be horrible. Most of my patients have pain for 3-4 days and then are off narcotics. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Nerve + muscle pain from a surgery on midshaft humerus for a bone cyst and broken arm, happened 8 years ago, having problems now, should it be removed?
Talk with the doctor: You should see the doctor who did the surgery or see an orthopedist to help determine if another procedure is necessary. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Depends on the: fracture. IF it needs surgery it will take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. If it is a simple non-displaced fracture at the arm you may be back as early as 6-8 weeks. fractures in general take 8 weeks to heal. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- How long does a scar take to heal after surgery?
- How long does it take for a pinched nerve to heal after surgery?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does a broken fibula take to heal?
- How long does it usually take a broken hand to heal?
- How long does a fractured arm take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free