Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Bloodshot Eye Take To Get Better
Variable: Bloodshot eyes will clear at different rates depending upon the cause. Allergic might clear overnight with antiallergic eyedrops, viral infections clear in 3-10 days. Bacterial more rapidly with topical antibiotics. Eyes with subconjunctival hemorrhage might take two weeks to clear out the blood. Alcoholic induced blood shot eyes might clear overnight. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Red eye is a symptom in which a one or both of a person's eyes are redder than normal. Redness is usually caused by increased blood (red colored) in the reddened area. Increased blood flow can be due to allergies, inflammation, infection, hormonal changes, nerve problems, ...Read more
Few weeks: Blood takes a few weeks to resolve. ...Read more
I just used bloodshot eye drops to take away the redness however, now theres a stinging pain and it slighltly took the redness away.
How to get rid of a bloodshot eye? I have had a red speck in my eye since I was a little girl. Is there any way to clear it up?
Maybe : Episodically red eyes may be from dryness, allergies, lack of sleep, environmental conditions/exposures, etc. A trial of preservative free artificial tears 4 to 6 times/day during the "red-eye" time may be helpful.For itchy eyes, a medication like Zaditor may relieve symptoms. The red spot you describe maybe a Nevus, Angioma, melanosis, or other, all of which requires exam. It won't go away. ...Read more
I've been recently getting severe headaches/sharp pains in my head(pressure), the right side, pains in ear, bloodshot eye, dizzy spells etc, any ideas?
Many things: If it actually looks like a small amt of blood, could be a subconjunctival hemorrhage, which is common, painless and doesn't affect vision. Other causes of red eyes (of which there are many) can have an asymmetric presentation, anything from pink eye, blepharitis, dry eye, allergies, hsv conjunctivitis, etc. Mild cases of these things may not cause pain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a bloodshot eye to go away?
- How long does it take for a uti to get better?
- How long does it take for a black eye to form?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it take for an outer ear infection to get better?
- How long does it take to get cirrhosis with 3 drinks a day alcohol?
- How long does it usually take to get back a hair follicle test result?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free