Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Bloodshot Eye Take To Get Better
Variable: Bloodshot eyes will clear at different rates depending upon the cause. Allergic might clear overnight with antiallergic eyedrops, viral infections clear in 3-10 days. Bacterial more rapidly with topical antibiotics. Eyes with subconjunctival hemorrhage might take two weeks to clear out the blood. Alcoholic induced blood shot eyes might clear overnight. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Few weeks: Blood takes a few weeks to resolve. ...Read more
I just used bloodshot eye drops to take away the redness however, now theres a stinging pain and it slighltly took the redness away.
How to get rid of a bloodshot eye? I have had a red speck in my eye since I was a little girl. Is there any way to clear it up?
Maybe : Episodically red eyes may be from dryness, allergies, lack of sleep, environmental conditions/exposures, etc. A trial of preservative free artificial tears 4 to 6 times/day during the "red-eye" time may be helpful.For itchy eyes, a medication like Zaditor (ketotifen) may relieve symptoms. The red spot you describe maybe a Nevus, Angioma, melanosis, or other, all of which requires exam. It won't go away. ...Read more
Some thoughts: Couple common problems can do this: corneal abrasion (scratched eye)-perhaps something got into that eye. Subconjunctival hemorrhage-when a tiny blood vessel beneath the surface of the eye breaks (not always assoc with a known injury). It's usually painless and resolves w/in 2 wks w/o specific tx. If you have other bleeding/bruising problems, high bp, vision loss/changes, significant pain see doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a bloodshot eye to go away?
- How long does it take for uti to get better?
- How long does it take for a uti to get better?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for an inner ear infection to get better?
- How long does it take to get better from depression?
- How long does it take to get pink eye?
- How long does it take to get pink eye after exposed?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free