Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Black Eye Last
Depends: This will depend on the nautre of the injury, the amount of blood leaked out into the tissue and continuing to leak out, the initial treatment and continuing treatment, whether you are on Aspirin or other blood thinners like "plavix" or "coumadin" and you own ability to clot and remove clot. A simple "black eye" may last 7-10 days. More severe could last a month or more. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Week or two: A bad black eye, also known as ecchymosis, will resolve over time as your body breaks down the blood and carries it away. Icing the eye for the first two days to limit the swelling and bleeding can help. Applying heat from day four onward can bring more blood supply to the area and help to break down and carry away the old blood. It rarely will last more than a week or two. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Got a black eye and cheek, top lip and side of nose is numb. How long will the numbing last? Its been 9 days.
Got a black eye and cheek, top lip and side of nose is numb. How long will the numbing last? It's been 9 days.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will a black eye last?
- How long does eye laser surgery last?
- Lasik eye surgery how long does it last
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a eye infection last?
- How long does a viral eye infection last?
- How long does pink eye usually last?
- How long does viral pink eye last?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free