Doctor insights on:
How Long Do You Take Pink Eye Medicine
Usually 2-3 weeks: Pink eye or viral conjunctivitis is usually an acute condition caused by adenovirus (like the common cold). Most cases will resolve in a few weeks but some can be prolonged. There are many other causes of conjunctivitis so any additional or more severe symptoms should be examined by your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
As fast as a cold: "pink eye" generally describes an eye infection caused by the common cold virus. It is the same disease, just infecting a different part of the body. Similarly to the common cold, it is contagious, and typically starts within hours to a few days after contact with an infected person. Once the virus takes hold on the eye, it can last between 7-14 days, or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on cause. Viral can be 7-21 days. If it is due to dry eyes, it may not go away until you treat the underlying condition. You need to be examined to determine cause and treatment. You will then have a better idea of how long it will take to resolve or if you need treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Conjunctivitis: A pink eye can be due to many things. Classically a "pink eye" is due to viral conjunctivitis and can be very contagious with severe itchiness. It can take 12h-3d for sx to appear. The most natural way to treat it is cold ice packs for itchiness; cold tears in refrigerator helps also. If severe an eyemd can rx stronger drops.Ttp://eyedoc2020.Blogspot.Com. ...Read more
Depends: The length of time depends on the cause. Pink eye is a generic term for inflammation of the conjunctiva (white part of the eye). This inflammation can be from a number of causes, not all of them infectious. The majority of causes will heal without treatemnt in 2-3 weeks but it is generally prudent to see your eye doctor to ensure that no treatement is required. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do symptoms of pink eye take to disappear on tobramycin?
- How do you cure eye strain and how long will it take?
- How long do you have to take thyroid medicine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you give pink eye drops?
- How long after being exposed do pink eye symptoms appear?
- How long should you wait before using new makeup after pink eye?
- How long do you take antibiotics for lyme before feeling better?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free