Doctor insights on:
How Long Do You Live After Treatment Of Oral Cancer
My dad is 65 and has a slow growing tumour on the floor of his mouth. He's had oral cancer 5x & no more treatment is possible. How long does he have?
Signs and Symptoms: Non-healing red and/or white patch or ulcer. Unusual progressive swelling or enlargement of any part of oral tissue. Tooth mobility without cause. Unusual oral or nose bleeding. If concerned, see your dentist for examination and cancer screening. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are defined areas such as floor of the mouth, tongue, gums, retromolar trigone, palate, etc. Combinations of radiation, surgery and chemotherapy are used. Earlier stages have high probability of cure, more extensive stages (even those to lymph nodes) can be cured with combinations of radiation and chemotherapy but to a lesser percentage of probability. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possibly a long time: Some oral cancers grows lowly and people can live with them for many months or even a year or two with minimal symptoms. ...Read more
It can take long.: Most patients present at over age 50. Tobacco use, including smokeless tobacco, is certainly a risk factor. There may be few or no symptoms. Mouth cancers can present as non healing ulcers that can be painful. Rarely, there can be painless lymph node enlargement. Patients are staged by size of tumor and lymph node involvement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can put time frame: You can never put a time frame on oral cancer. I do a visual oral cancer screening on all my patients every visit 3, 6 months recall visits. I had a patient in a one visit nothing apparent 6 months later something on tongue sent to oral surgeon the to ENT , tongue respected , lasted 8 months. Was the cancer there before it showed itself probable. Now i invested in a special scope, detects early. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you live with lung cancer without treatment?
- How long can you live with untreated colon cancer how do you die?
- How long do you itch after scabies treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of neck pain after long flight?
- How long do you live after coming off dialysis?
- How long do you have to smoke before getting oral cancer?
- How long after ovulation do you have symptoms of ovulation?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free