Doctor insights on:
How Long Do You Have To Take Thyroid Medicine
1 week...: To see noticeable effect; 6 weeks to get full benefit of that new dose. ...Read more
Thank you doctor when can i stop my thyroid medicine many people said that thyroid medicine should take life long is this is true please explain me?
Thyroid Medicine: Do not stop thyroid medication unless under the direction of a physician. Except rarely it is to be taken life long. We give thyroid medication usually for low thyroid, which usually is due to the thyroid not working after a viral thyroiditis. Rarely does the thyroid heal enough to produce enough hormone on it's own again. ...Read more
Need right dose!: Right medicine, wrong dose doesn't help, regardless of condition. Of course, wrong medicine, regardless of dose, is bad. So how do we find right dose for thyroid medicine? Check your tsh. Many docs now recommend aiming for 1-2, not just 4.49 (if "normal" range is 0.45-4.5). However, recent study suggests that a few patients may respond better to desiccated thyroid. Check out http://goo.Gl/h93xxf. ...Read more
Eat healthy high : Calorie foods. Eat 6 meals/day. Work on strength training to build your large muscle groups. Workout w heavier weights w fewer repetitions. Sleep at least 8 to 9 hrs/night. Hydrate well w water. Foods to help w healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, avocados, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, protein shakes, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do you have to take suboxone?
- How long do you have to take the sat?
- How long do you have to take chantix?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you take pink eye medicine?
- Do you have to take cholesterol medicine forever?
- When having surgery on thyroid how long do you stay in hospital
- How long do you have to take the pill for it to be effective?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free