Doctor insights on:
How Long Do You Have To Take The Pill For It To Be Effective
Which pill?: It would depend on the pill you are taking. ...Read more
No effective OTC med: Asthma is a disease of airway inflammation. There are no otc medications that treat airway inflammation. Some otc meds for asthma are actually dangerous because it would mask underlying serious problems. You should see an allergist or pulmonilogist for proper care if you have wheezes or shortness of breath. ...Read more
Depends...: Birth control pills need to be taken every day to be effective. If the pill is started in the first five days of menstrual bleeding, it is effective immediately. If it is started any other time, you should use a back-up method until the next period. If you had unprotected intercourse, you can use emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy even when not on a regular pill. Best wishes! ...Read more
I'm on bc pill Reclipsen and take it at 9 p.m. every night. How long before & after 9 could I take the pill to where it is still 99% effective?
As long aa: you are taking it every day the effectiveness should not vary if you vary the time of day that you take the pill Hope this helps Dr Z ...Read more
I have 3 more pills of Bactrim to take - how long until my COC (Yaz) is fully effective again? Should I use a secondary method of contraception?
Yes: Trimethoprim, one of the ingredients in bactrim, mildly induces the liver to process the hormones in birth control pills faster, theoretically reducing their effectiveness. The half life of bactrim is only 8-10 hours but the enzymes that are induced take longer to return to normal levels. The usual recommendation is to use a backup method for 7 days after finishing bactrim. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for you to get pregnant after stopping the pill?
- How long does the birth control pill take to be effective 3rd cycle?
- How long does it take for calcium to be absorbed by the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you need to be purging for it to start causing bad side effects?
- If i have a uti infection how long dies it take for the meducine to work
- How long does it take to get pregnant after being on the pill for 5 years?
- How long do it take for you to get pregnant?
- How long do you have to take microgynon 30 for in order for it to be effective?