Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Women Ovulate For
One moment in time: Ovulation is a single moment in time, when her egg pops out of her follicle on the surface of her ovary. Think of it as 1 minute, and then she has already ovulated and the egg is free. Before that 1 minute, she is trying to ovulate, or in the process of ovulation. The real question is when does a woman ovulate, which is usually about 14 days before the start of the next menstrual period. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
One: Literally, ovulation occurs at the moment that an oocyte (egg) is released from a woman's ovary. More generally, the peri-ovulatory process (time around ovulation) could be considered to last from the day that lh peaks through actual ovulation (36 hours roughly, ) or even until Progesterone begins to rise (3-to-5 days.). ...Read more
1-3 cycles: Most women resume ovulating right after discontinuing pill, but it may be normal to take up to 3 cycles. ...Read more
Sperms viability: Approximate 48-72 hrsGet a more detailed answer ›
Variable.: I assume you are asking how long it can take for woman to ovulate after pregnancy. It depends on how the pregnancy ended. The shortest intervals are after pregnancy terminations such as d and c and ovulation can occur even within 2 weeks. Longer intervals are associated with full term deliveries, and breastfeeding can lengthen this also. It still could be within the first month though. ...Read more
Hi me and hubby ttc my question is how long does sperm last inside women as hubby away when i ovulate ie goes monday i ovulate thursday ish thank you?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do women ovulate after surgical menopause?
- How long after period do i ovulate?
- How long do symptoms of ovulation last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do ovulation occur for irregular period?
- How long do you have ovulation mucus?
- How long do ovulation symptoms last?
- How long after a miscarriage do you ovulate?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free