Doctor insights on:
How Long Do The Symptoms Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Take To Go Away
Depends on severity: Mild or moderate symptoms can last from less than an hour to many hours, depending on the severity of the carbon monoxide (co) poisoning, the type of treatment, the victim's other health issues, etc... Studies show the half-life of carboxyhemoglobin (co bound to hemoglobin) to be about 4 hours (3-5 hr) when breathing regular air, and about 1 hour (30-90 minutes) when breathing 100% oxygen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: The duration of symptoms depends on the concentration of carbon monoxide in the blood stream, the duration of exposure and how quickly you are removed from the carbon monoxide environment. ...Read more
Anoxia: Carbon monoxide if inhaled, fits into the oxygen carrying site on hemoglobin even better than oxygen. This means your body will be deprived of this critical element. It is as if a tourniquet were applied around your neck. You will appear bright red but since the redness is from the wrong chemical, your cells will die due to oxygen lack. This is an extreme emergency. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Follow link: Here are all symptoms and the description http://www.Emedicinehealth.Com/carbon_monoxide_poisoning/page3_em.Htm. ...Read more
I had carbon monoxide poisoning and I am wondering if i still have it and should I go to a doctor, i still have a lot of the same symptoms i had?
Get carbon monoxide : It normally clears with therapy in 4 hours and you should have no symptoms unless you r getting exposed at home get your exhaust system checked. ...Read more
Not long: Carbon monoxide has a high affinity to the hemoglobin molecule, not allowing the oxygen molecules to bind. Exactly how long before one gets carbon monoxide poisoning depends on many factors including the health of the individual exposed and the concentration of the carbon monoxide. Avoid exposure by never burning anything inside a house (bbq, etc.). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can it take for the symptoms to go away?
- How long does it take for the side effects of accutane to go away?
- How long do spider bites take to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do symptoms of pink eye take to disappear on tobramycin?
- Why does it take so long for the symptoms of salmonella food poisoning to appear?
- Long term effects of carbon monoxide poisoning to the kidneys
- How do i take care of a tooth infection without going to the dentist?
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free