Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Sertraline Withdrawal Symptoms Last
About 5 to 7 days: Half life is about a day. So on a dose of 50 mg , every day there will be 1/2 left from the day before. Other factors include age of patient, frequency and amount used. ...Read more
I stopped Sertraline cold turkey after about 5 years on it. I only took a small dosage of 25 mg. My question is, how long do the withdrawal symptoms last? I felt swimmy headed for about 2 weeks, that finally went away, and now I just have random sudden
Sertraline withdraw: Withdrawal from sertraline can take days to weeks, particularly if you were taking it for several years. If you were feeling "swimmy" for two and now are just having random symptoms, it sounds like things are getting better and you are turning the corner. Hang in there! ...Read more
DEPENDS ON SYMPTOM: In an otherwise healthy patient, whose dose has been gradually reduced prior to discontinuing, symptoms are usually mild and "self-limiting". Two to four weeks is common. Symptoms which were relieved with the zoloft (sertraline) may rebound on discontinuation and are not the same as the withdrawal symptoms. Patients differ. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If stopped suddenly,: The ssri's can cause a discontinuation syndrome that can make you feel like you have the flu for a week or so. It can also give you what my patients call brain zaps and the feeling that when you turn your head, it takes a second for your eyes to catch up. Why not taper it with your doctor's help? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do nicotine withdrawal symptoms last?
- How long do smoking withdrawal symptoms last?
- How long do methadone withdrawal symptoms last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do percocet withdrawal symptoms last?
- How long do withdrawal symptoms last?
- How long do oxycodone withdrawal symptoms last?
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms how long do they last
- Talk to a neurologist online