Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Ringworms Generally Last
Is ringworm a real worm? Pharmacist said it was in my elbow. It burns/stings no itch. Have clotrimazole 1% anti fungal cream. How long last? Worried..
Not particulary: You may have an enlarging rash and itching but "long term"? Just don't put up with it long term! not all "ring worm" is ring worm. If you have one, treat it with otc terbenifine (lamisil) for a minimum of 2 weeks. If persistent or unsure, see your pcp or dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fungal infection: Ringworm is a fungal infection of the skin. If a cream is used that the fungus is susceptible to then on average 2-3 weeks of treatment will "cure" most ringworm. Obviously a larger area or underlying disease like diabetes slows treatment progress as sugar is a good "food". Please treat the area for at least a week after any visible sign of the lesion has disappeared to prevent recurrence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: It could appear in as little as a week or slowly after several months. It amy be just a scaling which is not very noticeable depending on type and individual resistance. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do the side effects of accutane generally last?
- How long do carotid stents generally last?
- How long do the side effects of plan b last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do the effects of dulcolax last?
- How long do the effects of a fleet enema last for?
- How long do the effects of nyquil last?
- How long do muscle spasms usually last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online