Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Ringworms Generally Last
Is ringworm a real worm? Pharmacist said it was in my elbow. It burns/stings no itch. Have clotrimazole 1% anti fungal cream. How long last? Worried..
Not particulary: You may have an enlarging rash and itching but "long term"? Just don't put up with it long term! not all "ring worm" is ring worm. If you have one, treat it with otc terbenifine (lamisil) for a minimum of 2 weeks. If persistent or unsure, see your pcp or dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually local: Ring worm can generally be treated by local ointment available over the counter. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do carotid stents generally last?
- How long do the side effects of accutane generally last?
- How long ringworm last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does lymphedema generally last?
- How long does sciatica generally last?
- How long do head lice generally live?
- How long does back pain before periods generally last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online