Doctor insights on:
How Long Do People Usually Live After They Get Congestive Heart Failure
Weak heart muscle: A weakening of the heart muscle from coronary artery disease, too much alcohol or a viral infection weakens the heart muscle leading to chf. Find the cause first, then the treatment follows. See a good cardiologist, plenty of good ones in palo alto. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Do I need to report congestive heart failure as a long-term health condition, or does it go away after being treated?
Possible: CHF can resolve if the underlying abnormality causing the CHF can be fixed. CHF can be the result of heart muscle dysfunction, valve dysfunction, pericardial dysfunction, or even a kidney abnormality. If the underlying abnormality can be repaired, such as valve replacement or recovery of kidney function, CHF may resolve. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Indefinitely?...: Mild congestive heart failure, if aggressively managed with appropriate medications and lifestyle changes, can sometimes remain mild for many years, even for the duration of a person's life. Rarely, the heart contractility even improves with medications, or with avoidance of further insults to the heart. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: There are all degrees of CHF from very mild to severe. Also we have a number of treatments ranging from medicines to heart transplant. It is quite variable and somewhat unpredictable how long someone can live with heart failure. In some cases, even severe heart failure can miraculously improve. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do people with congestive heart failure live?
- How long do people typically live after they are diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- How long do people usually live with breast cancer before they die?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live with congestive heart failure?
- How long do people live after a stroke?
- How long do people usually live with untreated breast cancer?
- How long can someone live with congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online