Doctor insights on:
How Long Do People Usually Live After They Get Congestive Heart Failure
Depends: It depends on the cause of the congestive heart failure, e.g. Due to a heart attack, diastolic dysfunction, stenotic aortic valve, virus and others. Life expectancy can vary from months to many years. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
Weak heart muscle: A weakening of the heart muscle from coronary artery disease, too much alcohol or a viral infection weakens the heart muscle leading to chf. Find the cause first, then the treatment follows. See a good cardiologist, plenty of good ones in palo alto. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Do I need to report congestive heart failure as a long-term health condition, or does it go away after being treated?
Possible: CHF can resolve if the underlying abnormality causing the CHF can be fixed. CHF can be the result of heart muscle dysfunction, valve dysfunction, pericardial dysfunction, or even a kidney abnormality. If the underlying abnormality can be repaired, such as valve replacement or recovery of kidney function, CHF may resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are all degrees of CHF from very mild to severe. Also we have a number of treatments ranging from medicines to heart transplant. It is quite variable and somewhat unpredictable how long someone can live with heart failure. In some cases, even severe heart failure can miraculously improve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Basically, it is a condition in which your heart becomes an inefficient pump. As a result, fluid backs up into your lungs and also your lower extremities. There are numerous causes for this but ischemic heart disease is the most common cause. This can be diagnosed by laboratory test, chest xray, as well as an echo or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do people with congestive heart failure live?
- How long do people typically live after they are diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- How long do people usually live with breast cancer before they die?
- How long do i have to live stage 4 congestive heart failure?
- How long can you live with congestive heart failure?
- How long do people live after a stroke?
- How long do people usually live with untreated breast cancer?
- How long can someone live with congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online for free