Doctor insights on:
How Long Do People Typically Stay In The Recovery Room After Back Surgery
Depends: Most patients require at least an hour in the recovery room, depending on the procedure and type of anesthesia. For more complex and multiple hour surgeries, it common to see longer times for the patients to fully emerge from anesthesia. With significant medical issues, there are patients who may be sent directly to an intensive care unit for recovery and extubation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not bad: I have never had back surgery but have performed several thousand cases. If you are asking about a laminotomy & discectomy when performed with miss technique the procedure is usually performed in an outpatient setting. There is initial soreness of the muscles controlled with ice packs & oral analgesic meds. Patients with sedentary jobs usually are back to work in 10 to 14 days. ...Read more
Is the laser back surgery safer and less recovery time than open back surgery.wats the difference?
Beware of Marketing: Gimmicks! The word "Laser" is used simply for the purpose of marketing, & drawing patients in, & not due to anything else. Laser is simply just a TOOL, not a procedure. To be able to use laser, one still has to make an incision, laser can then be used at the area of pathology if applicable pathology is present. It does not minimize the invasiveness of surgery if being performed by a well trained ...Read more
Depends: This depends on how long & severe the compression was as well as the underlying "health" of the nerve-the age of the person, is diabetes involved, a vitamin deficiency, a prior injury or surgery to that nerve, toxic exposure- all play role in prognosis or ability of the nerve to "heal" over time. For most, pain is usually alleviated once nerve is decompressed, but neurologic recovery is variable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do i have to stay in the hospital after i have bariatric surgery?
- How long do you need to keep rods in your back after scoliosis surgery?
- How long do patients generally stay in the hospital after gallstone operations?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to stay in hospital after hernia repair?
- How long does insulin stay in the system after injection?
- How long do vitamins zinc stay in the body system?
- Do i need to stay in the hospital after my hemorrhoid surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free