Doctor insights on:
How Long Do People Typically Stay In The Recovery Room After Back Surgery
Depends: Most patients require at least an hour in the recovery room, depending on the procedure and type of anesthesia. For more complex and multiple hour surgeries, it common to see longer times for the patients to fully emerge from anesthesia. With significant medical issues, there are patients who may be sent directly to an intensive care unit for recovery and extubation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is the laser back surgery safer and less recovery time than open back surgery.wats the difference?
Beware of Marketing: Gimmicks! The word "Laser" is used simply for the purpose of marketing, & drawing patients in, & not due to anything else. Laser is simply just a TOOL, not a procedure. To be able to use laser, one still has to make an incision, laser can then be used at the area of pathology if applicable pathology is present. It does not minimize the invasiveness of surgery if being performed by a well trained ...Read more
Not bad: I have never had back surgery but have performed several thousand cases. If you are asking about a laminotomy & discectomy when performed with miss technique the procedure is usually performed in an outpatient setting. There is initial soreness of the muscles controlled with ice packs & oral analgesic meds. Patients with sedentary jobs usually are back to work in 10 to 14 days. ...Read more
As long as indicates: Depends on several issues. Includes your use/abuse of medication & duration preop, the extent of your surgery & for what diagnosis it was done, whether there were any complications as well as how you are healing &/or fusing. Was there any nerve/spinal cord issues, was bone graft harvested & do you smoke. Are you getting any side effects from medication? The list goes on. Speak to your surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My friend just got back surgery for two damaged ligaments in his back. How long will he be in the hospital for?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do people typically live after they are diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- Recovery room after surgery
- How long do i have to stay in the hospital after i have bariatric surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does swelling typically last after hand surgery?
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- How long is recovery after carpal tunnel surgery?
- How long is recovery time after gallbladder surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free