Doctor insights on:
How Long Do People Live After A Stroke
How long after stroke can one distinguish short term (reversible) /permanent (irreversible) damage?
Stroke: There isn't a simple answer. Some strokes appear likely to be irreversible from the start but improve notwithstanding. Healing of nerve damage can take many weeks and therapy can also modify what's going on so a simple answer that fits all situations isn't possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Varies: Every stroke has different outcomes, depending on the location of brain and the type of stroke (blood pressure related, blockage of vessels, blood clot, bleeding, high cholesterol, etc). The development of dementia could begin immeidately, few days or few months after stroke. It is important to start cognition retraining immediately after stroke if this person is fully awake. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: It depends on the quality of life. There are different stages of renal failure. There are different presentations of stroke. But the most important part of piece is the living wills. So if this person has bad stroke and renal failure along with the living wills stating that this person does not want an artifical nutrition and dialysis then it is terminal condition, less than six months to live. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hard to say: It depends on the size, location, and severity of the stroke to tell how long the aphasia will last. I know this is vague, but your local neurologist should be able to tell you this answer as he evaluates your loved one with stroke. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nobody knows exactly: Unfortunately we can't predict death that time and day is so unknown to human at this point even with cancer we can give a majority( stat significant) 5 year survival rate but that is not true for every body but something like stroke which in itself not consuming the body as cancer is is not predictable now with fracture femure and hip they have studied and in couple of years after the fall and. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many months perhaps: Patients that have stroke that are even mild often report symptoms for many months and in some cases can be permanent. The brain is poor and slow to heal. Any symptoms that last over 18 months are generally considered permanent. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do people generally live after a bone marrow transplant?
- How long do people usually live after they get congestive heart failure?
- How long do people live with a kidney transplant?
- How long do people usually take to cool off after a fight?
- How long do people typically live after they are diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- How long do people generally live after chf?
- How long do people with a cavernous sinus meningioma live?
- How long do most people take to get out of the hospital after a hip replacement?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free