Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Penicillin Side Effects Last
Varies: Diarrhea can be caused by a GI side effect of the drug itself, in which case it will go away when you quit taking it. On the other hand, diarrhea can occur from disruption of the normal intestinal bacteria flora and that may persist until a balance is restored. If you have persistent diarrhea you should see a doctor to make sure you don't have something more serious (c. Difficile). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pencillin: Benzathine penicillin has duration of activity for 2-4 weeks after intramuscular route. Adverse events from an antibiotics may occur days/weeks after the antibiotic is discontinued therefore if side effect occurs after benzathin penicillin it may occur while the patient is on it or after it is discontinued and may last longer than duration of activity. ...Read more
Dr switched my prescription from amoxicillin to penicillin. How long after taking amoxicillin can i take penicillin? And will side effects be the same
many: This medication may cause stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting during the first few days as your body adjusts to the medication. If these symptoms persist or become severe, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor immediately if an allergic reaction occurs while taking this medication. Symptoms include: difficulty breathing, skin rash, hives, itching. If you notice other effects not listed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do side effects of penicillin last?
- How long do penicillin side effects like diarrhea last?
- How long do prednisone side effects last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do the side effects of chemo last?
- How long do the side effects of radiotherapy last?
- How long do chemo side effects last?
- How long do the side effects of topemax last?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online