Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Need To Cover Up My Good Eye To Make My Lazy Eye Stronger Daily
I spend 50 hrs per week looking a computer screen. Can I wear an eye patch to cover my good eye for one full day of use? I rarely use my lazy eye.
Probably not: At your age, the vision has been down in one eye for many years and the brain developed that adaptation at age 8. If you were to patch the good eye for a year or so, the 'lazy' eye might improve somewhat (to the best it was capable of at age 8), but that would be quite an effort for an unlikely result. Continue to use your eyes as they are now and don't worry about the other eye. ...Read more
Yes: But a "lazy" eye may not be corrected to 20/20 if it is amblyopic. ...Read more
No: If you have amblyopia, or lazy eye, then it may mean that you don't have normal vision in that eye. Lasik (or lasek) surgery will not fix that problem. This type of surgery simply corrects your refractive error. That means if you wear contacts or glasses, you can get that prescription lasered onto your cornea, so you don't need to wear those contacts or glasses anymore. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a lazy eye and no way to fix it, no suggestions needed. Q: What would the ramifications be if I patch a 'healthy eye' for good? 40 & healthy
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i make my radial pulse stronger?
- How do i make chocolate covered peanuts?
- How can i make my forearms stronger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to make my hair grow healthy long and strong and shiny?
- Is there anything i can do to prevent my lazy eye from drifting?
- How can i cover up my pimples without using makeup?
- How much iron do i need daily?
- Talk to a pediatrician online