Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Need To Boil Water To Kill Giardiasis
Get help now ›
Yes: Need to be tested for many organisms. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Yes: If a cow or racoon(or camper) did his/her poopy up stream there is the possibility that microscopic giardia cysts were part of that load.Boil the water for ten minutes & avoid the risk. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Usually not: Just because you swam somewhere doesn't mean you will get giardia. It is a parasite and is acquired by swallowing it (contaminated food or water). The symptoms ate gas, cramping pain, and on and off diarrhea. ...Read moreGet help now ›
5 minutes: Nearly all organisms will die in boiling water for 5 min. Longer boiling may be needed at high altitudes. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Depends: As an outdoorsman of 40+ years, i see a lot of bad advice about making water safe. The cdc's official advice is this: at low altitudes boil vigorously for 1 minute. At altitudes greater than 6, 562 feet (>2, 000 m), boil for 3 minutes, or use chemical disinfection after it has been boiled for 1 minute. Because boiled water is bland and tasteless, add a pinch of salt to make it more palatable. ...Read moreGet help now ›
It depends: It depends on what is wrong with the water. If you are worried about a minor contamination, bringing the water to a boil and holding it at a boil for 5 minutes should be sufficient. Certain parasites may take longer to be eradicated. ...Read moreGet help now ›
What is the reason that cleaning nebs with vinegar/water is no longer recommended? (pls correct me if wrong) references/links? What is best (not boil)
Not strong enough.: Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the bacteria that are now found in many nebulizers. Recommended methods include boiling or microwaving for 5 minutes, soaking in a solution of 1 part bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes, soaking in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Always follow the nebulizer maker's recommendations, however. ...Read moreGet help now ›
10 min: 10 minutes. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do i need to boil water to remove ecoli contaminants?
- How long do i have to boil water to make it safe?
- How long do i need to wait before i see results of a varicocele embolization?
- How long do i need to go to physical therapy after rotator cuff surgery?
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- How long do i need to wait after a cabg operation to fly?
- How long do i need to take immunosuppression after a kidney transplant operation?
- How many pints of water a day do i need to drink to lose weight?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free