Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Need To Boil Water To Kill Giardiasis
I have bought a sinus rinse, how long do I need to boil the water in my kettle to kill of any potentially harmful bacteria. ?
Depends: As an outdoorsman of 40+ years, i see a lot of bad advice about making water safe. The cdc's official advice is this: at low altitudes boil vigorously for 1 minute. At altitudes greater than 6, 562 feet (>2, 000 m), boil for 3 minutes, or use chemical disinfection after it has been boiled for 1 minute. Because boiled water is bland and tasteless, add a pinch of salt to make it more palatable. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What is the reason that cleaning nebs with vinegar/water is no longer recommended? (pls correct me if wrong) references/links? What is best (not boil)
Not strong enough.: Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the bacteria that are now found in many nebulizers. Recommended methods include boiling or microwaving for 5 minutes, soaking in a solution of 1 part bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes, soaking in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Always follow the nebulizer maker's recommendations, however. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do i need to boil water to remove ecoli contaminants?
- How long do i have to boil water to make it safe?
- How long do i need to wait before i see results of a varicocele embolization?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- How long do i need to wait after a cabg operation to fly?
- How long do i need to take immunosuppression after a kidney transplant operation?
- How many pints of water a day do i need to drink to lose weight?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free