Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Have To Wear A Retainer After Getting My Braces Off
How long will I have to wear my retainer after my braces come off? I've made the last appointment with my orthodontist to have my braces taken off, and i would like to know how long i can expect to wear a retainer.
For as long: For as long as you want your teeth to remain straight. Full time for a year as supporting tissues mature, then every night. After your investment of time and money, do what you can to preserve the wonderful smile that you and your orthodontist created. And congratulations on reaching the end of active corrective treatment and beginning passive retention treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After braces are removed, how long is the retainer worn? I know that i'll have to wear a retainer for some time after my braces are removed. How long do most people have to wear a retainer?
If i don't wear a retainer after braces, will my teeth go exactly back to how they were? I have not been good about remembering to wear my retainer, and am beginning to wonder if i really even need to.
Investment: You invested a great deal of time and money resolving your malocclusion. I can guarantee you that if you do not wear your retainers as prescribed, your teeth will shift, slowly at first, then with increasing rapidity. Don't seek absolution, seek compliance, or you will be greatly disappointed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have gap in the middle of my front teeth and i consulted my denti. and gave me 2 options to wear a retainer or braces.i know to know what is best...
Edward's works: The edward's procedure or supercrestal fiberotomy was described in 1970 and assists in retaining problematic, rotated teeth. This small procedure is usually only accomplished for 1 or 2 teeth. The need, the process, and the risk/benefits should be discussed with your orthodontic and periodontal specialist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Orthodontic retainer question hi, so i had braces till i was about 17 and wore my retainer most of the following two years after, they had stated that i would only need to wear it mainly for the frist year from what i remember. I am now 20 and my top row
Issues?: I'm not sure of your specific situation and what treatment you have had or are contemplating? Are you trying to address the tooth brush abrasion issue? Or wanting\needing orthodontic treatment? You can have orthodontic treatment and afterwards a retainer with tba. Ortho treatment\retainer won't address the tba issue. Discuss all these issues, relevance and what's best for you with your own denti. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i expect to have blood in my pee after having a prostate biopsy?
- How long do i have to wait to smoke again after getting over acute bronchitis?
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am taking a maoi how long after getting off of it can i start to drink beer
- How long do you have to cover up a tattoo after getting one?
- I have discoloration on pinky toe after removing a corn how do i get color to come back
- How long do i have to remain still after a brain angiogram?
- How long do i have to wait to drink after taking a codeine?