Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Have To Wait To Smoke Again After Getting Over Acute Bronchitis
Forever!!: Once you have a bout of acute bronchitis, you can never smoke again. Well, you shouldn't really smoke ever again. Nobody should. Very bad and damaging habit, as I'm sure you already know. Why don't you take this opportunity to make a quit attempt. Might be a great chance to quit for good. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi (airways that carry air from the trachea to the more distal parts of the lungs, or bronchioles). Bronchitis may be caused by either viral or bacterial infections, and is treated with antibiotics , steroids, inhaled bronchodilators, or mucolytics. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. The latter is usually associated with smoking and may be part of COPD. Both acute and chronic bronchitis can lead to other serious conditions, including pneumonia with ...Read more
Can vary: Acute bronchitis usually last from 5-7 days to up to 2 weeks. Depending on the person, symptoms my persist for a couple of weeks up to a month. Some are more sensitive than others to the viral or bacterial insult to the bronchial lining. Asthmatics especially! if not improving in a couple of weeks or worsening or if fever, purulent sputum or other worsening symptoms, get checked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Resolution...: It typically takes about 7-10 days for acute bronchitis due to a viral infection to resolve and up to 14 days for a bacterial infection to resolve. However, the cough associated with acute bronchitis can take even longer to resolve. The bronchitis can result in bronchospasm which can then cause the cough to continue. If this is the case, your doctor can prescribe inhalers to relieve the cough! ...Read more
Is it normal for acute bronchitis to last for months? I have never smoked so i don't see how it could be chronic?
I was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis and I was given medication to take for 5 days.Should I start feeling better right away? How long does it take?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after a miscarriage do you have to wait to try again?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
- How long do i have to wait to smoke after having molars removed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to wait to donate blood again?
- How long after a miscarriage do you wait to try again?
- How long do you have to wait to get pregnant after accutane?
- How long do you have to wait to get pregnant after abortion?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free