Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Have To Boil Water To Make It Safe
Depends: As an outdoorsman of 40+ years, i see a lot of bad advice about making water safe. The cdc's official advice is this: at low altitudes boil vigorously for 1 minute. At altitudes greater than 6, 562 feet (>2, 000 m), boil for 3 minutes, or use chemical disinfection after it has been boiled for 1 minute. Because boiled water is bland and tasteless, add a pinch of salt to make it more palatable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hope i can ask this. I am in saudi arabia, and want to boil water to make it safe. Will this work, boiling gets rid of toxins in the water right?
Does it make unpurified tap water that is contaminated with sewage and has no chlorine it safe to drink if you just boil it?
What is the reason that cleaning nebs with vinegar/water is no longer recommended? (pls correct me if wrong) references/links? What is best (not boil)
Not strong enough.: Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the bacteria that are now found in many nebulizers. Recommended methods include boiling or microwaving for 5 minutes, soaking in a solution of 1 part bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes, soaking in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Always follow the nebulizer maker's recommendations, however. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to do long strenuous hikes and weight training if i have copd?
- How do i overcome the fears i have makes it hard to get up and do things?
- How long do i have to wait to drink after taking a codeine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to take microgynon 30 for in order for it to be effective?
- I have tendonitis in my right ankle how long will it take to heal
- How long do i have to wait to smoke again after getting over acute bronchitis?
- I have swollen uvula what to eat and how to make it cure
- How long do i need to boil water to remove ecoli contaminants?