Doctor insights on:
How Long Do I Have To Boil Water To Make It Safe
Depends: As an outdoorsman of 40+ years, i see a lot of bad advice about making water safe. The cdc's official advice is this: at low altitudes boil vigorously for 1 minute. At altitudes greater than 6, 562 feet (>2, 000 m), boil for 3 minutes, or use chemical disinfection after it has been boiled for 1 minute. Because boiled water is bland and tasteless, add a pinch of salt to make it more palatable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hope i can ask this. I am in saudi arabia, and want to boil water to make it safe. Will this work, boiling gets rid of toxins in the water right?
What is the reason that cleaning nebs with vinegar/water is no longer recommended? (pls correct me if wrong) references/links? What is best (not boil)
Not strong enough.: Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the bacteria that are now found in many nebulizers. Recommended methods include boiling or microwaving for 5 minutes, soaking in a solution of 1 part bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes, soaking in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Always follow the nebulizer maker's recommendations, however. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a boil?
- How do i boil a can of condensed milk to make caramel frosting?
- Is it safe to do long strenuous hikes and weight training if i have copd?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do i have to have an abortion?
- How long do i have to have the treatments done?
- How do i make long island iced tea drink mix?
- Why do i have boils on my body?
- How long do i need to boil water to kill giardiasis?