Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Herpangina Blisters Last
I have itchy blisters on forearms from flea bites. Highly sensitive to fleas. Bitten aug 3rd. How to treat this & how long will this last? Prednisone?
My daughter has herpigina blisters for about 5 days my son sipped her water bottle will he get it ?
Probably: Herpangina is caused by coxsackievirus & is very contagious through saliva & fecal matter (importance of handwashing after toilet use). Also called hand-foot-&-mouth disease due to those areas being affected with the blisters. If fever is present, give fluids to prevent dehydration. Disease is usually self-limiting but see pediatrician if child complains of severe headache or chest pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Confusing statement: Herpangina is in the mouth, impetigo is on the skin. It is one or the other by location. Herpangina is caused by a transient virus which disappears after the infection is over. Impetigo is caused by bacteria that can be killed off, but could come back with a new exposure. ...Read more
My daughter has herpangina, how long is she contagious for? And should she stay at home away from all kids?
Virally induced: Herpangina is virally induced, by a number of viruses in the enterovirus family. Coxsackievirus is the most common. Most children develop a high fever and then develop vesicles (blisters) or ulcers (sores) at the back of the throat and palate which are called enanthem. Dehydration is a potential issue. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does headache associated with herpangina last?
- How long does crying associated with herpangina last?
- How long does vomiting associated with herpangina last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does diarrhea associated with herpangina last?
- How long does fever associated with herpangina last?
- How long do poison ivy blisters last?
- How long do blisters in the mouth last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online