Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Heart Attack Symptoms Last
Heart attack: Typically some form of chest discomfort often accompanied by breathlessness,sweat,nausea,palpitations,a sense of impending doom ,anxiety,with radiation of discomfort to various areas in the SVC distribution;BUT some or all of these may or may not be present in the majority of presentations. A large minority up to 20=40% present with very atypical symptoms inc. painless ...Read more
Briefly: It is in evolution when that symptom comes along. Pallor, pain, diaphoresis, feel really bad! ...Read more
How it is: Please stop pre-judging the symptoms and diagnosing them and tell us specifically what you are feeling and experiencing. Let the medical experts give valid answers about your specific experience. Do not pre-diagnose yourself. ...Read more
Depends: Depends upon extent and location of the attack. Heart attack occurs when blood supply is inadequate for the metabolic needs of the heart. When this occurs for a prolonged period pieces of the heart die. If this piece is very large ( like occlusion of the main vessel) or is located in a critical area ( such as the electrical centers) - game over! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Angina pectoris =substernal pressure, pain with radiation to the neck or left or right arm and shoulder and may be chronic. Some will have abdominal pain-and be confused with gallbladder or stomach symptoms. Ladies seem to have less classic// or tolerate pain better than men. Relief with Nitroglycerin is very suggestive. A feeling of impending doom, pallor, sweating suggest a bad day! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do heart attack warning signs last?
- How long before a heart attack do symptoms occur?
- How long do sertraline withdrawal symptoms last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do the symptoms of vitamin b6 toxicity last?
- How long do gallstone attacks last?
- How long do the symptoms of appendicitis last?
- How long do suboxone withdrawal symptoms last?
- Talk to a cardiologist online