Doctor insights on:
How Long Do Antibiotics Stay In Your System
5 half lives: Various antibiotics have different half lives. A half life is the time it takes to excrete 1/2 of the drug present in the body. A drug is considered to have been totally eliminated after 5 half lives. Therefore find out the half life of the antibiotic you are interested in and multiply it by 5 and you will have the time it takes for that drug to be eliminated. ...Read more
Hmmm: Following single or multiple doses of piperacillin / tazobactam to healthy subjects, the plasma half-life of piperacillin and tazobactam ranged from 0.7 to 1.2 hours and was unaffected by dose or duration of infusion. The elimination half-lives of both piperacillin and tazobactam are increased with decreasing renal clearance. ...Read more
How long does it take for antibiotics like clarithromycin and amoxicillin stay in your system for?
Just a few days: Antibiotics typically need to be used for 7=14 days to allow your body defenses to overcome an infection. They will typically stay in your system for a few days after completing treatment. Always important to take the entire course of treatment prescribed to assure complete eradication of the infection and to prevent a resistant infection from developing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do antibiotics stay in your system amoxicillin?
- How long do antibiotics stay in your system after taking them?
- How long does an antibiotic stay in your system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do antibiotics stay in your body?
- How long do suboxone stay in your system?
- How long do alcohol stay in your system?
- How long do metabolites stay in your system?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online