Doctor insights on:
How Long Could This Broken Femur Take To Recover
Depends on age, bone: quality & any co morbidity the person has. If good non-osteoporotic bone & good hardware purchase & early weight bearing the fracture will heal the fastest. In the elderly with other medical problems @ poor bone quality, the time is quite longer. Everyone heals differently, so even to give you a range is not accurate without this knowledge. Picture is 1 of good bone & well fixated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on severity: A lot of variables come into play with this answer. Did you need surgery? If you needed surgery, did the surgeon have to use hardware to fix the fracture? Do you have osteoporosis? If the fracture is bad enough, it may take upwards of 6 months to heal and for the patient to be back to normal activities (this is including physical therapy). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
About 10 weeks: A fractured femur should heal in about 10 weeks or so. Many factors can affect the healing time, including the health of the patient (smokers and diabetics may heal more slowly), and the type of femur fracture (shaft fracture versus hip fracture versus fracture closer to the knee), and the form of treatment may affect the healing time as well. On average, though, 10 weeks is a good estimate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1-6 hours: Depends on the severity of the fracture and the experience of the surgeon. If it is a simple fracture the surgery itself can be less than an hour. However, in more complicated cases can take several hours to get everything right. Best is to discuss your specific case with your orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
Typically: a few months depending on where it's broken and how your healing has progressed. Speak to your physician ...Read more
3-4 months: Really depends on fracture pattern and where the fracture is. Fractures about the hip heal in 3 months. Shaft fracture depend on the pattern. Open or closed injury? Open generally takes longer to heal. Many pieces increase fracture healing time. Do you smoke? Add more time to healing and possibly face a nonunion. How well was it put back together? Perfect=less healing time. Avg time 20 -30 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken femur to recover and be running again?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken tibia typically?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long could it take to recover from carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery?
- How long will it take to recover from a broken hip?
- How long will it take to recover from broken collar bone surgery?
- How long does it take for a broken hand to recover?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free