Doctor insights on:
How Long Can You Luve With Colon Caner Undiagnosed
Polypectomy: Expect to recover within two weeks. To ensure a smooth recovery, be sure to follow your doctor's instructions. ...Read more
Absorption: The primary purpose of the small intestine is to digest and absorb nutrition. The primary purpose of the colon is to absorb water. Problems with transit time through the small intestine (ie not enought length or too rapid a transit time) can cause malabsorption syndromes because the intestine does not have enough length or time to absorb all the nutrition coming down the pike. ...Read more
Not helpful: Cleansing of the colon is a common prescription by alternative medical practitioners for a variety of GI and other problems. The colon is very effective at self cleaning and really does not need this preparation. There are no clinical studies showing any positive effect of 'cleansing' although many show no effect at all. ...Read more
Decades!: While it is nice to have the whole colon, you can survive without it just fine. The colon absorbs water, so you may have more runny or liquid stools, but otherwise, you should not have any decrease in life span -- although it depends why it was removed? (for cancer: there is a risk of recurrence; for ibd, perhaps recurrence in the small bowel). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: If the colitis is a temporary type (i.e. Due to infection) it should return to normal sometime with a couple of months, depending on the damage done. If it is proctitis, ulcerative colitis, or crohn's disease, it may be years or lifelong. This disease can be very difficult to diagnose with certainty and usually comes and goes. See your doctor if it doesn't return to normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can colon cancer go undiagnosed?
- How long can someone survive with undiagnosed lung cancer?
- How long can you live with stage 1 colon cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live with untreated colon cancer how do you die?
- How long can you live with colon cancer stage 4?
- How long can you live with stage 4 cancer of colon?
- How long can you live with stage 3 colon cancer?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online