Doctor insights on:
How Long Can You Live On A Ventilator
As long as necessary: Or until they are better or expire. ...Read more
Usually...: ...It's the need for ventilation (disease or prematurity) that is responsible for most of the complications. ...Read more
What happens if a patient is intubated and you don't have resources (mechanical ventilator), and its more than 12 hours, how long is bagging effective?
Ventilator vs baggin: Bagging is effective as long as ventilation is provided effectively and the patient is oxygenating appropriately. ...Read more
If a person is on a ventilator, and does not have a trachea, how long do hospitals (namely icu's) allow this?
Tracheotomy: I am assuming you are asking about a tracheotomy or tracheostomy. If the person is expected to be on a ventilator long term or has been on the it long term (> 2 weeks) usually a "trach" is done. Sometimes, a trach is done initially if there are airway issues. A trach allows the person to be more comfortable, allows easier nursing care, and prevent future airway complications. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My mom is an aml patient and is unconscious and on ventilator. How long can such people be on ventilator.?
Depends: It depends on the etiology of why she is on the ventilator and the prognosis of her AML and treatment offered. ...Read more
How long does someone need to be on the ventilator thing before a doctor can declare them "brain dead"?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you live on a mechanical ventilator?
- How long can you live if you have hiv?
- How long can you live with ms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live with renal cancer?
- How long can you live with liver damage?
- How long can you live with bowel cancer?
- How long you can live with lupus?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free