Doctor insights on:
How Long Can You Have A Kidney Stone
I have to have a kidney stone removed by percutaneous and am really scared what can I expect during the procedure and how long should I be in hospit?
See Answer: Usual length of stay 1-2 days. May or may not have a nephrostomy tube placed. Discomfort/pain usually mild and controlled with oral pain meds. Potential risks include bleeding, infection, urine leakage, need for additional procedures. All your questions specific to your problem and planned procedure should be answered by your urologist before the procedure. This is what informed consent is for. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Stone pain: Even small stone can cause tremendous pain....3mm stone has 70-80% chance of passing without doctor intervention...But still painful.. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Most in 2 days: The time to pass a stone is really the same for men and women. Most stones pass in the forst 48 hours. The chance of it passing after a week is around 50%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How long does pain last when you have a kidney stone attack?
- How can you tell if you have a kidney stone?
- How long should you wait to have sex after kidney stone surgery?
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- How long can you go without having a bowel movement?
- Can you still have pain after passing a kidney stone?
- Can a urine test show you have kidney stones?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free