Doctor insights on:
How Long Can You Have A Kidney Stone
I have to have a kidney stone removed by percutaneous and am really scared what can I expect during the procedure and how long should I be in hospit?
See Answer: Usual length of stay 1-2 days. May or may not have a nephrostomy tube placed. Discomfort/pain usually mild and controlled with oral pain meds. Potential risks include bleeding, infection, urine leakage, need for additional procedures. All your questions specific to your problem and planned procedure should be answered by your urologist before the procedure. This is what informed consent is for. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Drink plenty fluids: if the stone is sitting there and was found by accident, the most you can do for yourself is to drink a lot of fluids per day, at least 2 liters. if you passed a stone, you should retrieve the stone and take it in to your doctor so they can do a stone analysis. that will guide specific therapy if it is available, and it is good practice to drink a lot of fluids to prevent a recurrence. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How long does pain last when you have a kidney stone attack?
- How can you tell if you have a kidney stone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- How long can you go without having a bowel movement?
- Can a urine test show you have kidney stones?
- How long do you bleed after a kidney stone operation?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free