Doctor insights on:
How Long Can Sperm Live In Sterile Cup
Less than 90 minutes: Usually you want to get the sperm out of the semen by 60 minutes, but as long as the temperature is moderate, sperm can survive 60-90 minutes. Once taken out of the semen, sperm can survive a long time in media. In the cervix or uterus, sperm last 3-5 days while in the vagina about 1 hour! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Less likely: A semen sample contains sperm as well as fluid and other proteins. These will sometimes contribute to the clarity of a sample. In general after washing the cloudier a sperm sample is the higher the sperm count. But, i would not count on the clearness to determine if a man is sterile without looking under a microscope. ...Read more
My husband and I have a personal donor and we would like to know how long sperm can last in a cup once ejaculated. We are wanting to do a home insemination?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do sperm live in a sterile cup?
- How long does sperm live in a sterile cup?
- Sperm longevity outside the body
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will sperm live in a cup?
- How long does sperm live in a cup?
- How long can sperm live?
- How long can sperm live inside the body?
- Talk to a urologist online for free