Doctor insights on:
How Long Can Pink Eye Live On Bed Sheets
Quite some time: Pink eye is caused by the same virus responsible for the common cold (adenovirus). Although it is the most contagious infection, it is usually self-limited and clears within 2 weeks. Left on an inanimate object like sheets or a door handle, the virus can last anywhere up to 10 or more hours. If someone has pink eye, they sohuld not share utensils or linens and should use alcohol cleansers often. ...Read more
Pink eye: Most pink eyes are caused by viruses with a lifespan of 3 to 10 days. Bacterial infections in adults usually follow trauma and surgery. If bacterial, the infection usually can be overcome in 3-6 days with antibiotic therapy. If present beyond this time, revisit your ophthalmologist to assess. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually 2-3 weeks: Pink eye or viral conjunctivitis is usually an acute condition caused by adenovirus (like the common cold). Most cases will resolve in a few weeks but some can be prolonged. There are many other causes of conjunctivitis so any additional or more severe symptoms should be examined by your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
As fast as a cold: "pink eye" generally describes an eye infection caused by the common cold virus. It is the same disease, just infecting a different part of the body. Similarly to the common cold, it is contagious, and typically starts within hours to a few days after contact with an infected person. Once the virus takes hold on the eye, it can last between 7-14 days, or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can pink eye live on surfaces?
- How long can pink eye live on a surfaces?
- How long does a stomach virus live on clothing or bed sheets?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live on a ventilator?
- How long can ecoli the bacteria live on a surface?
- How long does pink eye last on surfaces?
- How long do symptoms of pink eye take to disappear on tobramycin?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free