Doctor insights on:
How Long Can It Take For A Damaged Meniscus To Heal
It varies: This depends on the extent of the tear and the type of treatment chosen. If not treated surgically, most meniscus tears never truly heal, although with time and perhaps medications, therapy and/or injections sometimes symptoms can subside in 6-12 weeks. If arthroscopic partial excision is undergone, "healing" can take 3-6 weeks. If arthroscopic repair is undergone, healing can take 3-6 months. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
4 months: Are you sure you had a repair and not a menisectomy (which is a trimming)? A repair is a much more involved procedure. Typically the plica is removed in order to get better visualization so the plica healing is minimal. The meniscal repair needs to be protected so the cartilage can heal. Before any cutting or pivoting activities it is at least 4 months. ...Read more
Depends on location: All soft tissues generally heal in about 3-4 weeks but the scar matuaration takes longer. Only peripheral tears of meniscii have a chance of healing. ...Read more
MCL sprian: Mcl injuries can take up to 8 weeks to heal. ...Read more
I have had my knee scope and repair to my meniscus 6 months ago and it still hurting and a burn once and a while. How long should it take to heal?
Poss Meniscus injury: A meniscal repair requires 6-12 months to completely heal. If you are still having significant knee symptoms, you may need to have a repeat MRI of the knee to assess the meniscus tissue. At your age, there is also the question of osteoarthritis being a cause for the knee pain. A repeat visit with your surgeon is definitely in order. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can it take for a partially torn meniscus to heal?
- How long can a torn meniscus take to heal without surgery?
- How long does it take a torn meniscus to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for soft tissue damage in the foot to heal?
- How long can a dislocated shoulder take to heal?
- How long can it take for a peptic ulcer to heal?
- How long can a shoulder injury take to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free