Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Watch Tv While Wearing My Glasses
I watch tv and on my laptop for hours, and i study for hours too, and all these cause that redness in my eyes, can wearing powerless glasses help?
Variable : Computer eye strain is very common complaint now a days. Also called video or terminal display syndrome results from prolong focus on an electronic display. Usually symptoms of dryness, burning, stinging, fatigue , and blurriness are present. Take frequent breaks, and look away at distant objects. Use artificial tears. Close your eyes for a few minutes are a few suggestions. Same for reading/tv. ...Read more
I've got glasses but i don't wear them. Im scared to wear incase they don't help my eyes. I got glasses to watch tv but never wear them? Is this bad?
Important to see : Glasses are intended to help you see well at 20/20 vision. If you're only using your glasses to watch television, and don't feel you need to wear them full time then that is your prerogative. However, if you're driving, or going to drivers ed to learn to drive, you need to have 20/20 vision, so that you can see the details of the road, the traffic, and the people crossing better. Most people like seeing well. ...Read more
I have been having side by side double vision mainly when driving or watching tv for 3-4 years .Have had prisms put in glasses 2 times now & sometime ?
Divergence palsy: When you look at a distance, the in-turning muscles relax, the out-turning muscles tighten. In your case, the out-turning muscles are week- could be medical side-effect, stroke effect, decompensated eye crossing, other neurologic disorder. If the amount of prisms becomes excessive, have eye muscle surgery. Contac a "pediatric" ophthalmologist who does a lot of muscle surgery. ...Read more
Lately my eyes feel over worked. Not on PC much, or watching tv. I wear glasses, always cleaned. It hurts now at times. What can I do? Bed time helps
Over-Minus: Many nearsighted people choose a slight over-minus refraction (i.e. Smaller and darker) for distance in the manifest refraction. If so, a little tonic accommodation is required to see clearly at distance. However, this adds to the burden of presbyopia, which typically starts in the fifth decade of life. Return for a spectacle upgrade, back off on the minus, consider a bifocal and use task lighting. ...Read more
Does reading in dim light cause myopia? My daughter is nearsighted and needs glasses. I’m wondering whether her myopia was caused by reading in low light and watching too much tv. Is this possible?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop getting a sore nose when wearing glasses?
- How can i get rid of those deep marks on my nose when using glasses?
- How long till i can brush my teeth after wisdom teeth removal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after mastectomy can i go swimming in my pool?
- I recently dislocated my elbow how long will it be before i can do pushups again
- If i threw up my pain medication how long should i wait till i can take more
- I got my ears piercings and so how long before i can take the replace the studs
- How do i get rid of the pain on my nose from getting hit while wearing glasses?