Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Wait With Red Eyes To See If It Goes Away Without Seeing A Doctor
Depends: Red eyes can come from superficial bleeding, allergy, infection, or inflammatory disease of the inside of the eye. Symptoms requiring evaluation by your ophthalmologist include pain, lowered vision, light sensitivity and pus seeping out from the lids. If none of these are present you probably have subconjunctival hemorrhage or viral infection and can wait several days for clearing. ...Read more
Can be anything: Do you have an ear or inner ear infection? Have you had spinning sensation (vertigo) before? Any exposure to dryness, pollen, environmental solvents, cleaning agents, fabric softeners, new detergents? These can help determine the cause of your vertigo or red eyes. Any evidence of high blood pressure? Any alcohol, or recreational drugs? So many causes or sources. Please let us know. Thanks! ...Read more
I agree: go see a doctor.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: Most red eyes are from allergy or viral infection and are self limited - not really needing treatment. If the vision is significantly affected, then you may be forced to see an ophthalmologist as there could be something happening which needs treatment. Also if the redness is still there after two weeks and especially getting worse, then diagnosis might be important. ...Read more
Sore throat for 3 days, dry cough, and today red eyes and eye discharge. Shall i see an eye doctor or it's the sore through and cough?
Red eyes, croupy noise on inhale, sore throat, irritable. No fever. Does this sound like something to treat at home or to see the doc about on Monday?
Depends: If you were talking about an adult I would say that it sounds viral and just treat it at home and it should resolve in a week. If not see a doctor. However in a 3 year old there are a few other things to consider. If the child is not eating normally or not playing normally then they should probably be seen by a doctor. Any fever or trouble breathing should also prompt a doctor visit right away ...Read more
My right eye won't stop watering. It's been more than 2 weeks. I went to see a doctor and she said that i had red eye infection but my eye is not red?
See ophthalmologist: See medical expert physician in eye is an ophthalmologist. This way you can get the diagnosis. ...Read more
Tobramycin and carbon-methylcellulose sodium lubricant are already given by the doctor for my red eyes. How long wil it take for this to be cured?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can i wait with cyanosis to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with aphasia to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with tingling to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can i wait with anemia to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with eye pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with ear pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with wheezing to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free