Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Wait With Cyanosis To See If It Goes Away Without Seeing A Doctor
I had respiratory failure (cyanosis) during general anaesthetic.The doctor thinks it was anaphylaxis. I am now diagnosed with both COPD stage 2 and asthma.Were these conditions the more likely cause?
COPD is deadly: Anaphylaxis can happen with any drug, but acute postoperative respiratory failure is more commonly caused by underlying lung disease. Stopping smoking several weeks before surgery decreases risk for complications. Of course, the best thing anyone can do for better health is to stop smoking, especially those with lung disease. Smoking with lung disease is like rubbing dirt into a wound. Stop ASAP. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on the doctor and their patient load. I would imagine a pulmonologist, or lung doctor, probably sees more "blue" patients than a neurologist. Pathology also sees its fair share :). ...Read more
2-3 weeks: Many people experience bloating that comes and goes depending on what you eat, changes in activity, or hormone changes. If you cannot explain the bloating, and it persists for 2 to 3 weeks, it's time to see your doctor. Either the bowels or the ovaries could be a problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See pain specialist: Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis. There can be several reasons for your pain. While it can certainly resolve on its own in several weeks, why wait. I advocate treating to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, increase function and quality of life. A thorough physical exam and diagnostic studies will help determine what treatment will be best depending on your diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends how severe: It depends on how severe it is and what is causing it. If it is mild dizziness/vertigo, you may not need to see doc, because it often goes away. Inner ear diseases, neurologic problems, medication side effects etc...Or if you are having hearing/vision trouble with dizziness, you should consult doc. If you are dehydrated, get yourself hydrated. Consult your doc.. Good luck. ...Read more
Why wait?: The point is that you don't have to do it alone. And it doesn't just go away like a cold. Get help and support at any 12 step meeting and get an evaluation by a psychiatrist. He may recommend only the 12 step program, or he may be able to help you even more! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Extent? Severity?: If there are multiple sores it is best to see md for diagnosis and treatment. Delay may result on infection or at a minimum long lasting or permanent marks or scars. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can i wait with aphasia to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with tingling to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with bloating to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can i wait with red eyes to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with eye pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with ear pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with wheezing to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Talk to a emergency medicine specialist online for free