Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Wait With Aphasia To See If It Goes Away Without Seeing A Doctor
No time : You should see a dr. Right away. Aphasia can be a sign of more serious things which may respond to treatment. If you wait, you may be in a situation whereby your condition becomes worse or you may increase the chances it could be irreversible. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Repetition: With transcortical sensory aphasia the ability to repeat is spared. Comprehension is affected. Lots of connecting words are produced. Few substantive words. Repetition, however, is intact. With conductive aphasia comprehension and speech output are intact but one cannot repeat words or sentences. Conductive aphasia is quite rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aphasia: The answer to your questions depends on the cause. Why do you have aphasia? Where did it come from? What needs to be done to prevent more damage? Some forms of aphasia are recoverable, some are not. I suggest you consult a neurologist to help answer these questions for you, specifically. ...Read more
Dont: The longer you wait, the higher the risk to develop an irreversible problem. ...Read more
Not long: Intoxication is a transient form of confusion that goes away as we sober from alcohol or drugs. Any other confusion should be evaluated by a doctor to determine if it is caused by a reversible condition or part of a progressive condition such as alzheimer's disease or stroke. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not long: Most doubllng of vision is acute following trauma, head injuries or due to intracerebral vascular events or tumors. The injury may also be direct trauma to the structures around the eye, as well as tumors and conditions like thyroid malfunction. If persistent more than 2 days or so, you should see your ophthalmologist or better yet a neuro-ophthalmologist who can sort this out for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See pain specialist: Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis. There can be several reasons for your pain. While it can certainly resolve on its own in several weeks, why wait. I advocate treating to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, increase function and quality of life. A thorough physical exam and diagnostic studies will help determine what treatment will be best depending on your diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can i wait with wheezing to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with ear pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with eye pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can i wait with anemia to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with bloating to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with tingling to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can i wait with cyanosis to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- Talk to a neurologist online