Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Take Zyrtec
Is it safe to take zyrtec most days of the year or is there a chance for long term problems with taking it too much? I try to avoid taking medicines.
Zyrtec : Zyrtec is a safe anti-histamine with a relatively good tract record in long term users. But note that all medications have side effects. However, some are willing to take a small and smart risk for a better quality of life. Discuss nasal antihistamines & other non-systemic treatments with your doctor. With immunotherapy, an immunologist may be able to help avert your need for medications. ...Read more
I have bad allerigies sometimes. Cetirizine stopped working so i take zyrtec d. I heard u cnt take decongestants too long. Wat are longterm treatments?
If i take zertec for a long period 10mo then switch to Claritin can my sinuses become dependent on zyrtec and over produce mucus w/o zyrtec in system?
Fluid in middle ear, doc gave antivert, zyrtec, nasacort, how long take to dry up fluid in ear? Repeat bouts, can you stop it from happening again?
Keep nose open: Fluid in the middle ears is usually from obstruction of the eustachean tube opening. If you have had repeated bouts , it may be worthwhile for you to consult an allergist to find out why. ...Read more
I'm a breastfeeding mom and have a head cold. My son takes formula as well. Wanting to take zyrtec d or dayquil. How long should I wait to nurse again?
Nursing: Okay to nurse while taking most over the counter medicines. ...Read more
Nasal congestion?: I would suggest talking to your doctor if otc antihistamines are not helpful. I will mention that antihistamines tend to be more helpful for itching and sneezing and less helpful for nasal congestion. Nasal antihistamines and nasal steroids tend to be more effective for nasal congestion due to allergic rhinitis (allergies). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many zyrtec can i take in a day?
- How long after iui can i take a pregnancy test?
- How long after a missed period can i take a pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after drinking can i take ambien?
- How long after ivf can i take a pregnancy test?
- How long after hysterectomy can i take a bath?
- If i threw up my pain medication how long should i wait till i can take more
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free