Doctor insights on:
How Long Can I Live Without A Thyroid
I had cure autoimune disease I am of 17years can my thyroidism and brain fog due to med can cure.How long i need to take med further?
Thyroiditis?: If you are referring to autoimmune thyroiditis ( hashimoto's disease)- this at first can cause an overactive thyroid ( hyperthyroidism) followed by decreased thyoid function ( hypothyroidism). You need to have your thyroid hormone levels balance to achieve balance. The medication may be need for a lifetime or the disease can resolve. ...Read more
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can someone live without dialysis?
- How long can you live without dialysis?
- How long can a person live without dialysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live with thyroid cancer?
- How long can i live with hep c?
- How long can i live with pbc?
- How long can i live on a dialysis machine?
- How long can a person live without a thyroid?