Doctor insights on:
How Long Can Chlamydia Go Unnoticed
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
Indefinitely: Although it can infect the cervix causing chronic cervicitis for years, can also ascend into the endometrial (uterine) cavity and out through the tubes causing severe pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) which may hospitalize you and could certainly leave you sterile. That is why it is recommended that all young women, and those at risk, be screened annually. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chlamydia is a curable sexually transmitted infection that is caused by the bacteria chlamydia trachomatis. This bacteria infects mucous membranes of the urethra, vagina, cervix, anus, rectum, eyelid, and throat. Chlamydia may be asymptomatic but some patients experience pain or burning during urination, nausea, fever, vaginal discharge, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can chlamydia go unnoticed in women?
- How long can bulimia go unnoticed?
- Can a heart attack go unnoticed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can chlamydia go undetected in women?
- How long can chlamydia go undetected in men?
- How long does it take chlamydia to go away?
- How long can chlamydia be dormant?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free