Doctor insights on:
How Long Can A Stomach Virus Last In Children
From the time of infection, how long can trichomoniasis last in a man? Can it last up to six months?
Untreated -> forever: 10% of men tested for STD are positive for trichomonas. Infections can be symptom free for a long time & can certainly remain for years if untreated. Unlike Chlamydia, Gonorrhea or Syphilis does not have to be reported to public health officials by physicians or clinics. Easy to treat & cure. Reinfection common in men & women who have multiple sexual partners. Then get tested after unprotected sex ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not likely: Generally viruses which cause intestinal symptoms (usually in the form of nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea), are acute illnesses with onset of disease within 24 hours of acquiring the virus. It is conceivable that you are a viral carrier of some sort which gets activated to produce disease because of some diminished immune response, but this is unlikely. ...Read more
A shot of what?: It is unusual to treat a strep throat with a shot in the thigh. Usually this problem is treated with an appropriate oral antibiotic. We do not know the dose of the antibiotic nor do we know the antibiotic used. Therefore it is really impossible to answer your question. If the correct antibiotic is used systemically and the concentration is correct the symptoms should disappear within 4 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a stomach virus last in children?
- How long can a stomach virus last in adults?
- How long can diarrhea last after a stomach virus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a virus last in children?
- How long does a stomach virus usually last?
- How long does a stomach virus last in adults?
- Duration of a stomach virus
- Talk to a pediatrician online