Doctor insights on:
How Long Can A Person Take Antibiotics N What R The Side Effects For Using It
It depends.: Doctors select specific antibiotics for specific time periods depending on the type of infection. Most antibiotics are given for <2 wks. Antibiotic use for >1 month often requires an expert in infectious disease.Each antibiotic has unique side effects.Ask your doctor or pharmacist about specific side effects which may include rash or organ damage.Unnecessary use of antibiotics is a growing problem. ...Read more
I'm too scared to take an antibiotic for my UTI because of all the possible side effects. Is there anything else i can do. Is there a shot they give?
Yes,: ...But the shot is an antibiotic, too. Depending on how bad the UTI is, you might try the old "lots of cranberry juice" remedy - but if that does not work, discuss with your dr which antibiotic would be least likely to cause problems for you, because untreated UTI can certainly cause some major ones. ...Read more
Which ones!: There are many potential side-effects of doxycycline, but they are not common, except for photosensitivity in older people and the potential to causes erosive esophagitis, which is usually the result of taking the pill or capsule without fluids and laying down. Happened to me once. Treatable. For people with photsensitivity or esophageal reflux needing a tetracycline, we switch to minocycline. ...Read more
Depends : That depends entirely on the infection, ranging from 1 day (chlamydia) to 6 months (tb). ...Read more
What are the side effects for taking anti-biotics for a prolonged period of time: 3 months IV followed by a daily pill life long. Any remedy?
It depends: On why you are taking them. Certainly, resistance to antibiotics is a big problem, and being on them for an extended period of time increases the likelihood of this happening, but your physician can advise you better about the situation. ...Read more
Suppose to take antibiotics 4x day. I keep forgetting the 4th dose. Can i just take it 3x a day as long as i finish it all.
Depends: What antibiotics and its half life. Most antibiotics are taking 2 to 3 x a day. However is important to ask the prescriber. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for the side effects of accutane to go away?
- How long does it take for the side effects of accutane to start?
- How long does it take for the side effects of plan b to start?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for prednisone effects to leave the body?
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online