Doctor insights on:
How Long Can A Person Survive With Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer : Ovarian cancer is a very serious often terminal disease. Gyn oncologists now treat it as a chronic, serious disease. However, with proper care more and more patient are living 5 years and more. Depending on the tumor's responsiveness to surgery and chemo, survival can be several years even after a 3rd, 4th or 5th recurrence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a cancer which arises from the ovary. This cancer is typically silent, producing little or no symptoms till it spreads, first into the pelvic area and later into the peritoneal cavity leading to fluid accumulation(ascites) which is often the first symptom. Despite its late presentation, there is a reasonable treatment for it, with some long term survivors even ...Read more
It depends: Ovarian cancer that is caught early enough can be cured with surgery and you can live a normal life. Ovarian cancer that can't be cured can be treated repeatedly. Many women live for years with ovarian cancer with intermittent treatment, but each case is different. This is something you should ask your oncologist to be very honest about. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hard to know: Most ovarian cancers are already stage 3 or 4 when they are diagnosed so we really don't know how long it took them to get there. In retrospect, many women have had symptoms for many months before their diagnosis. There may also be an asymptomatic stage that could last for months or even years before the symptoms begin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unpredictable: There are many different types of ovarian cancer. Stage IV means it is in the liver or outside the peritoneal cavity. Two types can still be cured most of the time no matter how advanced. Around 15% of women with other stage IV ovarian cancers are alive 5 years later. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Speak to your treating oncologist , as so many varibles are involved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
When wound heals: Has to wait till wound heals 2 to 3 wks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can a person survive after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long can a person live with advanced lung cancer?
- How long can a person survive with kidney failure?
- How long can a particular person live with cancer?
- How long can a person with cancer live without food?
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long can a person live with a leaky heart valve my mom has one?
- Life expectancy with a pacemaker
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free