Doctor insights on:
How Long Can A Person Be In A Coma Before They Cannot Recover
Coma time: No great work has been done. The amount of time is less important than the brain that is left to recover. ...Read more
As long as needed: The coma used in medical situations is due to risk of injury while fighting a ventilator, or supporting a dire condition. When the medical situation is stable, sedation is reversed. It is a preventive treatment to improve outcomes, but has risks in managing nutrition and loss of strength for the duration of bed rest. Ask questions of the doctors and nurses and maintain hope. ...Read more
If someone has a head injury and has been put into an induced coma, how long can that person remain in that state?
Depends on cause: Following head injury there can be seizures, brain swelling, severe agitation, broken bones, etc. Some patients are put into coma in order to allow healing of body parts, some for control of seizures, some for control of brain swelling, and some to assist nursing management. Monitoring of brain pressure and eeg may indicate the coma can be reversed, or healing of body parts may take longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In messive barin hemrraige can upper brain stem recover with time passing?
person is in coma
Pressure effects: Bleeding into the brain produces severe pressure effects that can damage the brainstem. The blood itself can dissolve and go away, but the brain damage remains. Some recovery may occur, independent of what happens to the blood. Recovery from coma may be very slow and hard to predict. The primary doctor should be able to help you understand the prognosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- How long can a person stay in a coma?
- How long can a person stay in a medically induced coma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you stay in a medically induced coma?
- How long after a person stops taking tamoxifen can they donate blood?
- How long can cocaine be detected in a drug test?
- How long can a person have small bowel cancer before it causes symptoms?
- Talk to a neurologist online