Doctor insights on:
How Long Can A Hepatitis Virus Live Outside A Body
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Hepatitis B: The period between transmission of the hepatitis b virus and the beginning of symptoms of hepatitis b -- which is known as the "hepatitis b incubation period" -- lasts between 30 and 180 days. The length of this incubation period will depend on how many virus particles a person has been exposed to. Infection with very few particles causes a longer incubation period. ...Read more
Not very much: Except that they all affect the liver primarily. ...Read more
Risk of getting any of the hepatitis virus' via contact with toilet water on broken skin / scratch on hand. Do these virus survive in toilet water?
"Hepatitis b patients usually recover completely and are immune" - Does this mean the virus is no longer in the body? Pls explain "recover completely"
No guarantees: You can recover and still have the virus in your system. If so, exacerbations of HBV can occur. Tests are available to determine if the virus, its antigens and its antibodies are present. Most people, after recovery, will remain asymptomatic. But, a few will develop late complications, like chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver tumors. You need follow-up by your physician or a liver special ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the hepatitis a virus survive outside the body?
- How long does hiv virus live outside a human being?
- How long can hepatitis b live on a surface?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can the flu virus live on a surface?
- How long can hepatitis c live outside the body?
- How long can a person with hepatitis c live?
- How long can sperm live in a female body?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free