Doctor insights on:
How Long Before You Should Have Output After A Colonoscopy
Anywhere: From 12-36 hours is normal to have a bm after colonosopy. Anything longer and you should call your endoscopist and discuss with them. Also will be dependent on how much you are eating after the procedure. ...Read more
1-2 days: If you go home and start eating afterward, thebn you should start having some stool within a day or two. ...Read more
I have had 2 colonoscopys. I can no long go to the bathroom without help. Never had that problem before the first one I had?
BM s/p colonoscopy: On any medications? narcotics,anticholinergics? They slow colonic motility. What did colonoscopy show? Do Nnormal colonic musculature? May be imbalance in autonomic motor activity which can occur s/p procedures/ surgery of the colon. Abdominal film will show if the colon is distended and Sitz study will show if stays too long in colon . if so mestinon may help f/u w/gastroenterologist ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ask your physician: The time period that you should not drive, operate heavy machinery, or make major decisions would depend on the medications that you were given for your procedure. Some anesthetic drugs have a very short half life and could have you back behind the wheel in a few hours, while others are quite long acting and it would be best to wait until the next day. Discuss your situation with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should you wait to work after having a colonoscopy?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a tubal ligation?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a colposcope with biopsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to donate plasma after having a colonoscopy?
- How long should you wait to take a bath after having cryo surgery?
- Bloating after a colonoscopy
- How often should you have a colonoscopy after age 50?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free