Doctor insights on:
How Long Before Stitches Are Removed After A Hysterectomy
How long should it take for external stitches to dissolve after robotic hysterectomy? I still have a few 24 days later.
How long after hysterectomy can it take for vaginal cuff stitches to dissolve? I'm 11 1/2 weeks post op and still have some.
Had a laparoscopic hysterectomy 6 weeks ago . Today I noticed a long stitch outside just hanging out ? Is it normal ?
Hysterectomy in 3wks- dentist wants to clean under crown needs to cut gums & stitch-No infection- Should I wait do it after surgery to avoid infection?
Depends: You will be laid up for a few weeks after surgery, so it depends on the urgency of the Dental treatment. If no great risk in waiting to treat crown, then best to wait. If waiting a big risk for crown treatment's success, then get it done soon. Ask the Dentist what the risk factor is in waiting 2 months. Then make the decision that makes the most sense to you. Good Luck with both. ...Read more
Just had hysterectomy 4 weeks ago today inside felt something pricking . Felt like a stitch should I get in contact with gyro ?
Yes: Anytime a patient feels anything out of the ordinary after major surgery, it would be wise to see the operating surgeon. Doctor's typically want to hear about anything unusual after major surgery to given the opportunity to head off complications or diagnose them as soon as possible. ...Read more
Should be fine: You may mean placed "catheter"in the urethra.If there was just "nick"in the bladder if is stitched, Foley catheter left in for 10days to be sure nick is healed.To be v.sure,cystogram can be done before removing the catheter.Leaving a ureteral stent is only done if there was injury to the ureter or the area called trigone very close to ureter(it is v.unusual to injure this area in hysterectomy) ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago. My stitches haven't dissolved all the way. Can i still have sex?
Possibility of having pid+ douglas fluid accumulation post total hysterectomy?How the bacterias spread in the pelvis?Is it through the vaginal stitch?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long before bloating and swelling go away after a hysterectomy?
- How to care for a wound after stitches are removed?
- How long after a tonsillectomy is it before you can speak normally again?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long before resuming normal exercise after a retinal detachment?
- How long does it take to heal after a hysterectomy?
- How long should you wait after being sick before getting a flu shot?
- How long before i can go back to work after surgery for a broken leg?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free