Doctor insights on:
How Long Before I Can Return To Work After Pneumonia
Depends: Depends on how bad it was, and what kind of work you do. Usually 1-2 weeks is needed to make sure you are not contagious, and have healed adequately. Pneumonia is serious and potentially deadly, so follow doctors instructions and make sure you have follow up xray to confirm it is completely clear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pneumonia: This all depends upon what type of pneumonia you had, the severity, the therapy and how you are feeling. Generally a week should be sufficient if you were treated as an outpatient. ...Read more
Been in hospital for a week with pneumonia and sepsis. Still very weak and ill, when should I return to work?
Pneumonia: I know this won't be the answer you want, but I don't know nearly enough to be able to tell you when you can return to work. It's best you ask the doctor who took care of you in the hospital. ...Read more
Depends on situation: You are contagious for 6 days from the first fever (for flu).The pneumonia may sap your strength more but is less contagious. You could spread the flu to all your co-workers if you went back too soon. You may feel better sooner than 6 days out but i can't advise a early return.Think about a flu shot every season in september. ...Read more
Just discharged from hospital after receiving a week of antibiotics for strep pneumonia. Been given pain killers etc. how long should I take off work?
Ask tx doc: Have your treating doc answer that, as they know the severity of your condition best. Some people, for example, may be able to improve sooner than others, and may even return to work while still on antibiotics, etc. while others may need a linger recuperation period. Good luck. ...Read more
I was diagnosed with pneumonia and strep on Monday, I'm still feeling the same, but the fever isn't constant now. When am I able to go back to work?
1 week: As long as you are feeling better and have no fever, 1 week is a reasonable time to return to work. If you are not recovering follow up with your doctor. All the best for a good recovery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after getting a laparoscopic appendectomy can i return to work?
- How long after a colonoscopy can i return to work?
- How long before i can go back to work after surgery for a broken leg?
- How many days will it take before i can return to work after an appendectomy?
- How long before i can go back to work after treatment?
- How long till i can return to work after apendectimy?
- How long after an abscess lance can you return to work?
- How long should i wait to go back to work after pneumonia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free