Doctor insights on:
How Long Are You Hospitalized If You Get Dehydration
Could use your help docs! a friend need to get an IV for dehydration. How long will this process take?
Dehydration: Assuming you don't eat or drink and your body size, it usually takes 7-10 days ...Read more
Dehydration?: Exercise, per se, does not cause dehydration (d). D occurs when one either does not drink enough fluid or when one loses too much fluid. If you exercise in the sun for 2 hours on a hot day, you should be prepared to drink enough fluid to avoid d. If you don't you may get dehydrated. Most athletes practice for several hours in the sun and avoid dehydration by adequate fluid intake. Good luck. ...Read more
Dehydration: The effects of mild dehydration (D) are weakness and dizziness. More severe D effects are passing out. The time D takes to cause these symptoms is variable. If a patient has repeated nausea and vomiting, or excessive fluid losses, the time for symptoms to occur is more rapid than if the patient were merely denied access to fluids and how well hydrated the patient was before the D started. ...Read more
I just don't know how to fix this. How can I get better from all these unusual symptoms from "dehydration"?
Unexplained symptoms: Multiple unexplained symptoms can be quite concerning. Some answers are obtainable through healthtap but multiple unexplained symptoms with the inability to ask questions or examine is not safe. If the symptoms have been going for a while and been reviewed with a physician a second opinion could be warranted. If they are new and concerning to you, you should seek care from a medical professional. ...Read more
It depends: With mild dehydration, like after an episode of diarrhea, your body will rehydrate quickly. However, if you continue to lose fluid (from vomiting or diarrhea, for example) it may be hard to get rehydrated quickly. You'll need to first replace the fluid and electrolytes you're losing and then add back the extra that you've lost. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long are you hospitalized for having severe dehydration?
- How long after sex can you find out if you are pregnant?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer if you catch hpv at 25y?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after getting catheter are you at risk for uti?
- How can you get pregnant if your tubes are tied?
- How can you get color blindness if you are not born with it?
- How to get fit fast if you are thin?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free