Doctor insights on:
How Long Are You Contagious With Gastroenteritis
I've got bacterial gastroenteritis. It's been a week. Have been on medication. How long will i be contagious for? When would i know that it has gone?
I have viral gastroenteritis and i'm feeling better, this is day 2. I'm no longer vomitting but I still have a little diarria, am i still contagious ?
Yes: Patients with viral gastroenteritis can continue to shed virus in their stool for 10-21 days after onset of illness. Frequent hand washing with soap(NOT hand sanitizers) by the patient and household contacts can reduce transmission. All surfaces in contact with stool or vomitus should be wiped with diluted household bleach. Care givers should use disposable gloves(and masks if possible). ...Read more
After flu stops not: Once the vomiting stops you are no longer contagious . If you had diarrhea you can continue to have loose stools but won't pass it on it you are really good about hand washing and not touching things until thoroughly washed. If you have fever you are still contagious ...Read more
5 days : At least after sx. Leave; so wash your hands whenever you use the toilet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Shingles how long are you contagious
- How long are you contagious with mrsa?
- How long are you contagious with rotavirus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long are you contagious after starting tamiflu?
- Contagiousness of the flu
- How long are you contagious with stomach virus?
- How long are you contagious with hand foot and mouth?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free